Thursday, November 12, 2009

facebook to the rescue


dear facebook,


so you have gotten a lot of grief lately, selling users personal information without them knowing it, hackers have broken in and stolen users information. basically a lot of stealing information has been going on.


but finally, facebook has been hasn't done something bad, but rather, saved a kid from a 25 year prison sentence.

teenager, rodney bradford, was held for 13 days by police for breaking into a brooklyn residence. fortunately for him, at the time of the crime, he updated his facebook status, that showed he was making pancakes at the time.


the case was dismissed.


so the lesson to be learned here kids. whenever committing a crime, make sure you update your status that you are doing something other than the said crime. i'd recommend tweeting something like:


"busy taking a massive crap. not going ANYWHERE.

man, bathrooms sure are boring"


"just finished looking at the vanity fair outtakes of rob pattinson. now have girlwood. need to take care of biznass"


"deep into convo with demos as to who is the more swoon worthy: mr. darcy or edward. this could take awhile"






p.s. what excuse would you use?

12 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

I had trouble finding a way to leave a comment...don't know if something is turned off or not...might want to check it out!

Do they not realize someone else could have done that?

Anonymous said...

something generic and over done, like say for instance

"work. lunch, than drinks with the BIFFLES! hehehe, lolololol!"

Anonymous said...

You said girlwood. Hahaha!

Mrs. M said...

Duly noted. ;)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Did you see the Harper's Bazaar?

foxy said...

Seriously? Huh... very interesting.

I like the crapper excuse... ha.

Julie said...

That'll stand up in court huh? Interesting. I like your updates, I'll have to share those with my friends...hehe.

Alicia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! that cake is effin awesome!! like whoa. hope you have an awesome day!

Anonymous said...

my twitter excuse (if i twittered) would be: just vomited all over my home computer after seeing a pic of kstew's new dress.

Mae Rae said...

Yeah for facebook? Love the crapper post. I don't even think I could come up with something that quick. I would probably tell the truth which could be worse...like "wiping my fingerprints off the doorknob, the dust is too thick."

Macey said...

Holy heck, I was drinking coffee when I got to the word "girlwood" and I damn near spit it on the laptop! :)

Amy said...

Wow, I love that. Facebook, the official alibi of lawbreakers everywhere.